RECIPE TIME: RED YEAST CHICKEN MEE SUA
Red Yeast Chicken Mee Sua – Chicken cooked in red yeast sauce, ginger, hua tiao chiew or rice wine and served with mee sua noodles. This is a popular dish in the confinement menu.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Fresh Coriander
- Vegetable oil
- 1kg of Chicken
- Half to a cup of Hua Tiao Chiew
- Hard boiled Eggs
- U-LIKE Kinmen Handmade Vermicelli Noodles
- Zhen Hao Jia Red Yeast Sauce
- Season the chicken with Zhen Hao Jia Red Yeast Sauce for 20 mins prior to cooking
- Separately boil U-LIKE Kinmen Handmade Vermicelli Noodles to be added to soup
- Boil hard boiled eggs if you like.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in the wok
- Fry ginger till brown and fragrant
- Pour seasoned chicken into wok and fry evenly
- Add half to a cup of Hua Tiao Chiew then add about a bowl of water (fully cover the chickens)
- Close the cover lid, use small fire to boil for 15 mins
- After 15 minutes, check that the chicken are all fully cooked and bring it to big boil for 1 minute and switch off the fire. The dish is ready!
- Boil the U-LIKE Kinmen Handmade Vermicelli Noodles in a separate pot and once cooked, scoop the amount of Mee Sua you want and put the red yeast sauce over. Add hard boiled eggs into your soup at the last stage (according to personal preference)